1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hi Talk Bass!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by MrMaxEllery, Dec 3, 2013.

1. MrMaxEllery

MrMaxEllery

Hi there,
    My name's Max and I live in Brighton in the United Kingdom.
    I currently play in a Soul/Pop band that has a ska or a reggae kinda of vibe to it.
    I have been viewing this forum as a guest for a while now and decided to start commenting on the forum to expand my knowledge of the bass.
    I love bass and have done since the day I picked it up almost a year and a bit ago, I have practiced for about 2-3 hours daily in that time.
    Music theory didn't come easily but I have kept working at it daily and now feel I understand a range of scales well enough to solo by myself. I love the aesthetic side to basses as well as the tonality you can create. I try to play as many styles as possible with as many sounds as I can to improve my knowledge.
    If anyone wants to listen to some of the music my band plays to get a feel for my bass playing here is the link to our soundcloud.
    https://soundcloud.com/paperboy-band/