1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

High tension strings in E flat tuning for pick playing.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rustylunchbox, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Rustylunchbox

Rustylunchbox

I play very fast thrash metal with a pick in a band. I am looking for a set of string that stays very tight in E flat tuning / half step down when playing with a pick. I tried thicker strings but it seems like the thinner strings are tighter on my other bass albeit not tight. I always thought the thicker the more tension but I can see how that might not be but anyways. What does everyone recommend?
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

DR DDTs are designed for just that.
  3. Rustylunchbox

Rustylunchbox

Ah yea I might look into those then :)
  4. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Try rotosound drop zones if you want some seriously tight strings.
  5. Jensby design

Jensby design

Try Circle K Strings if you want some seriously tight strings and also way more gauge options ;)
    I'd say like a .118 or .112 balanced set would be high tension but still very playable.