1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Highest Output DC-powered amp/combo?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by RenoEvan, Mar 26, 2014.

1. RenoEvan

RenoEvan

Mar 11, 2007
    Reno, NV
    I've been reading up with interest about Phil Jones's Briefcase and Double Four, Crate's Limo, Roland BA-330, Carvin Stagemate, Traynor TVM50, and I'm wondering if anyone has come across a bass amp or pa amp unit designed for DC operation that has a higher output than any of these? I'm more interested in high output than focused on portability, or to put it another way, what's the closest thing I could get to the kind of gigging amp I'd want with an AC plug, with the least compromise in sound and power? (For my perspective, I usually gig with 500W Class D thru 4 Tens)
    I know there are plenty of AC/DC inverter options these days,
    and there's always the Car Audio amplifier route, but in this thread I'd mostly like to know if there are purpose-built DC-powered options for Bass/PA that I've missed. I've also seen talk of a Crest PFA600, but those are long out of production, and I'm not finding any successors.
    Thanks for any suggestions!