1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Highest Quality Mini-Toggle Switch?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dregsfan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. dregsfan

dregsfan Supporting Member

Is there any one brand better than the rest?

Or, are they all about the same?

Thanks.
  2. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

all about the same.
  3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Except for ONE thing. When they work, they all work and last about the same. BUT there are certain cheaper brands (I don't remember which) where the plastic the switch contacts are molded in will melt at soldering iron temperature. This allows the terminals to lean and if serious enough will ruin the switch.

In any case no matter what the brand it's always a good idea to try to solder the wires to the switch as fast as you can. But make sure you don't have a "cold" solder joint.
  4. dregsfan

dregsfan Supporting Member

bassbenj,

Many thanks for that reply. Especially since I'm my own tech person.
  5. Jazz4

Jazz4

I always tin the wire ends first. And I dab a bit of acid free flux on the wire ends and terminals on the switch first. Just takes a split second to get a good solder joint.