1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hipshot 4 String Vintage Bass Bridge Dimensions?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bottoms_Up!, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Bottoms_Up!

Bottoms_Up! For the record, I don't love Raymond. Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Anyone here own a Hipshot 4 string Vintage Bass Bridge (0.75" spacing) and would be so kind as to give me the exact dimensions of the footprint only?

Thanks!

[​IMG]
  2. pfox14

pfox14

3. Bottoms_Up!

Thanks, but that's not the bridge in question (see above). They don't list the Vintage line on their dimensions page, hence, my query here.
  4. pfox14

pfox14

Oops. Thought it was the same bridge. Why don't you just give them a call.
  5. Bottoms_Up!

What?! And actually talk to a human being???? The horror... The horror...

:D I actually emailed them. Just figured i might get a quicker response here.
  6. Bobster

Bobster

This is the sheet for the Vintage 4.

http://hipshotproducts.com/files/all/4_stg_vintage_750_visual.pdf

Weird part is it doesn't give the full footprint.

Looks like 3.18" wide, by about 2.25" deep except that dimension includes the overhang for the back of the bridge.

I just put one of these on my Ltd Surveyor-4. I really like the quick release and guide to hold the saddles in place width-wise.

Didn't notice much of a tone difference from the original Wilkinson, but the baseplates of each were very close to the same size.

All the best,

Bob
  7. Bottoms_Up!

I'm trying to stick one of these in the bridge-rout on an Aerodyne P. The width looks like it might work. I just need the missing :meh: dimension in regard to the footprint.
  8. Bobster

Bobster

I had a minute and checked mine. Looks like 1 9/16" depth to me, for the bottom plate.

Hope that helps.

Bob
  9. Bottoms_Up!

Aw really? Just got home and measured the actual rout. It is exactly 3.19" x 1.77". Looks like it's almost a quarter inch shorter than my rout, which is actually surprising. It's actually smaller than a Fender vintage bridge? Interesting.

Thanks so much for the help!
  10. Bobster

Bobster

That's actually really good news.

The lip on the back of the bridge pushes the overall depth to 2.25" and that would cover any gap in the route.

As difficult as I've heard it is to find a replacement bridge for the Aerodynes, that could be about the best fit available.

As an alternative, you can look here: http://www.sung-il.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=b071_01 That's a link for the Song-Il company which makes a bunch of aftermarket (Carvin and ESP use them) guitar parts.

You can search by part number and Amazon and eBay have some of them.

All the best,

Bob