Hipshot A-style bridge - Suggestion / Advice needed

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Don Immanuel, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Don Immanuel

Don Immanuel

Hello TB’ers

I’m planning to buy Carvin LB76A, it has Hipshot A-style bridge with .640” string spacing. Carvin sales confirmed that string spacing can be adjusted and to contact Hipshot for the exact dimensions etc…

Found this - “Each string can be adjusted about .080" (2mm) side to side for better string/pickup/neck alignment”. from http://www.hipshotproducts.com/faqs/category/a-style.html
    and 'Hipshot A style Bass bridge 6 string.pdf' (attached)

My questions are now,

1. Does anyone have used or have experience with Hipshot A-style bridge (6 string)?
    2. Is the string spacing adjustable ?

:help:

Please provide your inputs/thoughts on this

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

Yes you can adjust spacing. The saddles are rollers set into blocks and slide from side to side and set with an Allen set screw.
  3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

No, but I have had plenty of experience with the 5 string A bridge. Yes, the string spacing is adjustable but has limitations. The cylindrical saddle on each saddle block is locked into place with a single hex screw located at the rear upper aspect of the block. Once loosened, the saddle can be moved laterally to the desired location and re-locked. Few considerations:

*Lateral range of motion is limited.

*The locking hex screw has the tendency to pull the saddle back to its original position....frustrating.

*ABM uses a similar approach with sliding saddle inserts and easier to adjust IME.

*Unless I'm faced with a serious misalignment issue amongst the strings, neck, and bridge, I just the center the stupid things.

Riis
  4. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad