Hipshot bass xtender for vm jaguar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jumblemind, Dec 20, 2012.

1. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

A couple of years ago when I got my vm jaguar I went through three different hipshot xtenders trying to find one to fit, and none of them did. I finally called Hipshot, and they said none of their models would fit my Indonesian headstock. Not only are the screws in a weird pattern, the post holes are smaller than normal.

I'm revisiting the issue, ready to mod to make something fit if possible. I haven't found anything through search. Have any of you vm jag owners modded to fit an xtender? If so, what model did you use?

2. jumblemind

3. Wallace320

Wallace320

The Modern Player Jaguar is the geddy lee's lookalike black one
    The Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special was the basswood body crimson red one with additional active phat boost control

On both I swapped Hipshot BT7 bass extenders in

They're perfect retrofits for HB7 machineheads placed on both.

Only difference being that Squier's are steel finished tuners, while Fender Modern Player's and Hipshot bass extenders are nickel finished

But no additional work's needed...

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. jumblemind

Interesting. I wonder if my regular vm jag is different from the special. The BT7 was the third one i tried, and i ended up having to put it on my MIM jazz. Guess i'll take it off and try again.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

The balance on the VM Jag is so delicate, that you might want to consider a high-mass bridge, if you install an Xtender. My experimentation led me to that...and to eventual liquidation of the bass.