Hipshot D to C or Hipshot E to D

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by slipitin, Dec 29, 2013.

1. slipitin

slipitin

I have two basses

I use three tunings (Missionary, Drop D and Drop C)

So far I keep one bass in drop C and just tune down from E to drop D on stage. C being a lot harder to get stable.

So, if I fitted a hipshot detuner (I know nothing about these) to one of the basses...In your experience, would you

Set the tunings on the hipshot bass to D and C and keep the other bass in standard.

or

Set the tunings on the hipshot bass to E and D and keep the other bass on drop C.

This thread is posted in the spirit of pure boredom and please forgive my ignorance if there's something I'm overlooking.

Happy New Year bass buddies. :D

2. ERMAL

ERMAL

I've used the Hipshot on both my 57 AVRI P and 62 AVRI J for about 20 years and at this point, couldn't imagine playing without them. I go E to D but have, on ocassion went from E to C. I use a .110 E so while the C is a little floppy, I was able to use it for my purposes.
    This might be an alternative for you as well. IMHO I think I would go from D to C. That would prevent you from hauling 2 basses to a gig.
    The Hipshot is a great product - keeping in mind of what position the lever is set when you go for that open E, D or C of course.
    Good luck.