1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hipshot Gibson Replacement 3-Point Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by abngourmet, Dec 9, 2013.

1. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Just got my Hipshot Gibson Replacement 3-Point Bridge ... what an improvement. I can't believe Gibson persists in using the old 3-point, which sucks (I own a '76 T-Bird, '73 EB-3, '74 Ripper, '77 RD Artist, Grabber Reissue and G3 Reissue, all of which have the three point bridge). Love the basses, but geez, Gibson - get with the program and use a decent bridge (like the Babicz on the recent EBs). You'll sell more basses, I think.

2. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

BTW, it's currently installed on my G3 reissue.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Because they have to keep with tradition dontcha know!? Yet it didn't Stop them from butchering the pickup placements on that new G3 tribute.

4. bradd

bradd Supporting Member

The only thing wrong with the Gibson 3 pointer is the user. It takes a fraction longer than adjusting a Fender style bridge.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

I disagree. It's impossible to adjust the height of an individual string without moving the height of another string. There are some gauges that require heights different than the fixed radius of the 3 pt. They aren't the worst bridge ever, but they are on the list....

7. pfox14

pfox14

The 3-point bridge is not one of Gibsons greatest designs, but it is functional.