1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hipshot supertone 2 & 3 point Gibson replacement bridgesed

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Siggy, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

2. HypersoulRocks

HypersoulRocks Supporting Member

just got mine from Mojotone super cheap ,super fast but it was missing the screws and the Allen wrench and for some reason came with a bag of Pickguard screws...

3. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Sorry to hear of the missing screws. When I got mine it had two sets of hex screws with different thread patterns and the small saddle adjustment wrench, but not the larger one for the mounting screws. Before I bought it I researched reviews of the supertone and the one thing that I noticed is that some people mentioned missing hex wrenches. This was a particular inconvenience for our metric brethren who didn't have easy access to "imperial" wrenches.

I'm sure that Hipshot will make it right and in the meantime you may be able to use the old 3-point mounting screws to install it for setup purposes.

BTW, I love mine on my Midtown, all the good reviews don't do it justice.

Good luck

4. HypersoulRocks

I tried calling mojo, but they're closed on the weekend...I had hoped to set up my Explorer this week....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. HypersoulRocks

Within 20 minutes of calling mojo, got the shipping confirmation email...that's good customer service...

7. HypersoulRocks

just installed the Supertone..it took all of 20 minutes, from removing the old stock bridge (p.o.s.) to intonation!

with the adjustable spacing, I made it feel more like my Ken Smith, so I'm much more comfortable on it. And the sound is a lot brighter, even through my practice amp. Soon it'll have chrome covered SGD pickups to make it even better...then..to active pre-amp or not...?

Mojotone rocked..the were by far the cheapest and their customer service was awesome.

8. HypersoulRocks