1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Hiromi Uehara

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by hover, Oct 31, 2012.

1. hover

hover

This right here....amazing stuff. My bandmate hipped me to her, and I am just blown away. Amazing instrumental all around, but it's truly inspiring to watch her play keys.

2. hover

hover

Wow, no one enjoyed this? I was sure someone here may have...

3. onosson

onosson

She blows me away. First video I saw of hers was from a duet concert with Chick Corea:

4. preside

preside

Ok story. I live in Scottsdale Az and last year the Greatful Dead were doing a 3 night run in San Fran so I says to the wife let's go it will be fun and we can get out of the summer heat and enjoy SF for a long weekend. Well you know how ticket buying goes now days , ya gotta get em like 4 months in advance. THOUGHT I got Saturday night tickets and didn't think to double check them when they came in a week later. Fast forward to SF 3 months later, checking out the Haight area and basking in the Hippie glow when we pass the old Filmore West, now a nice small music club. Scored Thursday night tickets to see Bruce Cockburn and OH MY GOD Anthony Mother F'ing JACKSON is playing on Friday!!!
    I never see him out on tour so I score Friday night tickets. Perfect weekend, starts out good and gets even better right? He's playing with some wierd sounding Japaneese chick But it's A.J.!! Weekends can not get better than this. Well Bruce was good but Hiromi was AWSOME and AJ was hands down the most bad ass bass player I have ever had the chance to see live , amazing gig almost religous. Woke up the next morning and over coffee found I had gotten the dates backwards or something and missed the Dead (further) show oh well, I got to see the FATHER of the 6 string bass and he took us all to
    school. Good video here->

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. christoph h.

christoph h.

I saw her live with the AJ/Phillips trio and it was amazing, even though I didn't like the album that much. Her DVD with Sonic Bloom is fantastic...

7. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Downloaded her Voice album off itunes a few days ago. Amazing stuff.

8. Big Mother

Big Mother

I love her stuff, and I really enjoy Tony Grey's playing.

9. hover

hover

Awesome story, and GREAT FREAKING VIDEO!

10. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

She's a great talent and plays with greats as well. How can you go wrong? I have several of her albums but have not had a chance to see her live yet. Now that I live in NorCal, I'm thinking that will change in due time.

11. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

12. klaus486

klaus486

Disclosures:
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    I agree completely. The Live In Marciac video is readily available and has tons of close up footage of Anthony Jackson doing his thing. She however really is something to behold. The talent is beyond great. The whole video is great.

13. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    She is also all over The Stanley Clarke Band CD as well as Jazz in the Garden with Stanley and Lenny White.

14. eddododo

eddododo

Gotta see the video of her and chick corea face to face playing
    nuts

and sonicbloom? Super Group

15. onosson

onosson

The video of them playing Spain was my first introduction to her ... amazing.

I still can't quite get into Fuze's playing in that quartet though.

16. M.Wrenn

M.Wrenn

She's amazing, love Anthony Jackson's work with her

17. 251

+1. the Duet album is extraordinary + it was recorded Live! Just keeping track of who is playing at any moment is a challenge for me. The Trio project with Anthony Jackson & Simon Philips is a showcase of rare talent, too.

18. rulyongo

rulyongo

Saw her trio @ the blue note a couple of years back and it was one of my favorite shows ever, the club was packed and we had to sit behind Simon Phillips. It was great seeing the show from his perspective...

19. India_Sierra

India_Sierra

I'll admit her playing has never really gripped me in the way that say, Joe Zawinul's playing has, but the band always sounds super tight and the quality of the videos she puts out cannot be disputed!

I think Kung Fu World Champion may be my favourite!

20. hover

hover

My band's keyboardist and principal songwriter studied with her for a bit at Berklee, and he's always held her with utmost praise...when he introduced me to this video I was simply floored, still am. Just the effortless and obvious joy she displays during performance speaks volumes to me...so great.

Must find more stuff.

21. Fretless1!

Fretless1!