1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hofner 500/2 Club action

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by rust_preacher, Nov 27, 2013.

1. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Hello.

I am trying out a 2007 German made Club 500/2 bass and lowering the action works to the point where the E string hits the pickup magnet when fretting on high frets (above 16th or so).

I tried to loosen the pickup by turning the side screws but apparently there is no play - the little screws seem to be threaded into the chrome housing.

Is this the lowest I can go? Is there a way to lower the front pickup?
  2. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Shave the pickup ring down a notch if you need to, but as a Hofner owner for over 35 years, a decent action is necessary for good tone, and the lowest possible action will not give you that. Been there done it bought the T shirt. Still have the Hofner.