1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hofner Bass Copy (Yes, Another Post About Them :D)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beennj613, Jan 30, 2013.

1. beennj613

beennj613

I Currently Own A Terrible Yammah Bass, Doesnt Sit Will, Doesnt Feel Good. Just As A Warning I Am Not Really A Bassist, I Own Guitars Pianos Drums And Random Small Instruments...I Picked Up A Bass About A Year Ago (Yammah somethingorother for £45 at a car boot) It Was Ok For Playing Simple Heavy Root Note Riffs But When It Came To Playing Rock And Roll 12 Bar Blues It Just Doesnt Feel Right, I Have Ended Up Putting The Low On My Amp All The Way Up And Playing Bass On My Guitar...After That Ramble I Want To Get To The Bottom Of The Best Beatles Violin Hófner Bass (Copy) Currently I Wanted To Purchase The Hofner Ignition But Am Told By My Parents That It Is Too Expensive, I Have Heard About Brice and Epiphone But Never Played Any Of Them, If Anyone Has Owned Or Owns A Couple Of Copies Could You Reviw Them? Thanks :)
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

3. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Just get a Hofner Icon. Cant' beat it. Unless you are looking to spend under $200, then for for one of the other brands.
  4. Flyingfrets

Flyingfrets

5. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

There are a bunch of cookie cutter Hof copies that use the same hardware, woods, etc. and are nearly identical in quality. I have a Jay Turser around here somewhere that is a blast to play.

If you have trouble getting the tone you're after, drop a cap in there. There are a few spares in your post. :D
  6. mjac28

I agree pretty much ditto for the one thousand Fender Jazz clones if you can find a used Icon grab it otherwise I would grab a clone and drop some Labella Beatle Flats in her and call it a day.
  7. beennj613

beennj613

Just As Another Side Note, Is It laBella Strings That McCartney Used? (On His Hofner In the Let It Be/Get Back Era)
  8. mjac28

I think he used Pyramid's which are the stock strings for the German Hofners he also used T.I flats and he used Maxima which were the stock Ric strings.