1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hofner club bass case?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by screaminglucy, Apr 8, 2010.

1. screaminglucy

screaminglucy Supporting Member

a question...for anyone with a club bass - i'm looking for a case. i was thinking the eastwood club bass case might fit? anybody know?
  2. theCrooner

theCrooner

screaminglucy,
    I've got a hoffy club and have been wracking my brain trying to find a case. I think you found it with the Eastwood. Scale length is perfect. The catch is Eastwood only sells cases with a guitar or bass.
    I'm gonna look into special ordering from a known dealer.

Please post here if you find anything alternatives.
  3. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

I used to have a 60's Club Bass. It fit into a Gibson Les Paul bass case.
    Here are some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

5. gcbruce

gcbruce

I bought and tried the Epi case. Fit great except one problem. The bass is to thick and the lid will not close. Anyone need an Epi case ? Ha ha.......
  6. mccartneyman

mccartneyman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
  7. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Anyone else finding luck with a Les Paul case fitting (or not) their Hofner Club? Seems the Hofner Club cases are sold out at the moment so I'm looking for alternatives.
  8. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

I got an e mail from Rob Olsen at Hofner and he said the part number to order a case for a Club bass is H64VB2. I have no money now, but when I do, I am getting one for my Icon Club bass.
  9. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Cool thanks! Where do you place the order?
  10. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

E mail said any authorized Hofner dealer. I think Guitar Center is. That is going to be my first attempt.
  11. corinpills

corinpills

You are it's going to have to be patient. I am pretty sure those cases go from China to Germany and then to the dealer. I have been trying to get a case for my Senator bass for months and it is ordered, but I have been advised to not let my willingness to pay for something they sell get confused for Hofner's interest in getting it done.
  12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

The Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat case might be worth a look.
  13. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Yeah I just got a reply email back from Gary at North Coast Music and he's not sure when to expect them either, and says they can't be special ordered. They come from China and they get here when they get here.
  14. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

I will talk to Rob Olsen tonight. Old friend of mine. We go back over 20 years. He plays at an open mic at a little club. Since I just picked up a Club Bass, I will be interested in getting a case for it. Also, I will run it over to my brother to see if it fits in his Les Paul case.
  15. michaeldom

michaeldom

Thanks for the information, guys! Just received my new Hofner Club and now I'm also looking for a case...
  16. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

I should be getting mine tomorrow and I will be looking as well! Please let us know if you find something
  17. GM60466

GM60466

18. rinchenuker

rinchenuker

Has anyone finally settled this question? What is the best fit for the Icon Club? Sounds like lots of folks were buying recently from Hello Music and Ebay, so someone must have found a fit.
  19. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Not yet, my Club remains caseless.
  20. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

As does mine. I really wish Hofner would have provided a case for the Icon Club bass, it seems not as many of these has been produced as the Icon violin bass, so maybe has not been a priority. Still, I presently take mine to gigs in a Waterstone gig bag for protection, even though it is not made for the Icon Club bass.