1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Hofner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ctoddrock, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Does anyone know what this is? The serial number is 13753. I Expect someone to cry foul and direct me to the correct place to post this add. Seeing that I'm not sure that would be just fine.

Attached Files:

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    GTA
    It's a 1968-69 Hofner 5000/1 M (Sound Mix). Pretty rare animal. It has factory installed active electronics in it. Very cool.

TD

3. Sponsored by:

4. ndnmaydn

ndnmaydn

Apr 20, 2015

5. ndnmaydn

ndnmaydn

Apr 20, 2015
    I have this hofner and wondering what the value is. It has a 9V battery compartment on the back, it has the number 13753 on the back located on the neck and looks just like the one someone asked about previously and I'm sure it is the one in the same. Any info of its year and value I appreciate it..

6. ndnmaydn

ndnmaydn

Apr 20, 2015
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

7. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Earth
    Only a supporting member can inquire about the value of an instrument. It's a very nice one you have by the way!

8. ndnmaydn

ndnmaydn

Apr 20, 2015
    thank you for your response, i am trying to find out if the year is exact or close , i see several on ebay but not with the battery compartment on the back,

9. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    It's early-mid 80s. Multivox was the distributor that used those clear stickers from '79 or so until the late 80's. As far as value, yeah, must be a supporting member. ;-)

10. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I love the blonde!! And the neck. That is called Tiger Maple, yes? No?? Because of the stripes

11. I had one of these Hofners in the 1971. It was a rare bird, and Hofners were seen as out of favor at the time. I purchased mine for $229.00 US. It was a beautiful instrument made of the finest woods including an ebony fingerboard, and it played like a dream. The electronic were a bit over the top and the bass boost was insane when coupled with my Ampeg B15. Like the fool that I was, I sold it and regret it. Caveat vendor!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    ndnmaydn and FranF like this.