SOLD Hohner B2A

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by froghat, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

This bass is in great condition. I took it in a trade because I thought it would be a great bass to travel with and it is. But now I'm eyeing some other stuff here. I love the Steinberger tuning system and the preamp really gives this bass some oomph. I never did get used to the way it hangs though.

Comes with a padded gig bag. Asking $350 shipped in the lower 48. Make me an offer; couldn't hurt!

Update - sold for $325.

Attached Files:

2. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

These are great. Most importantly, it has the leg rest. Not all of them do. Some have a cheesy strip of non skid material instead.

I use mine all the time, but only sitting down. I never have it on a strap. Mine doesn't even have strap buttons. Makes a great practice bass, especially when you're learning stuff off of the computer or working out ideas with a piano keyboard.

These things also will sustain into next week with fresh strings on them.

3. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

GLWTS - Looks just like my old bass! Loved it - we had a lot of fun back in the 80's together...

Just let the cops know it's a bass guitar when they search your trunk...

DAMHIK :eek:

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Love the red. I've a black one for over 10 years. I have gigged with it. It takes a few minutes to acclimate to it over headed basses. I always find myself thinking that I'm further down the neck than I actually am for the first couple of minutes, then it's a pleasure to play. You're right about the preamp. Every time I play it, I have to re-adjust the volume and settings on the amp. It's got lots of horsepower. If cash weren't a problem. I'd love to add your red one to my black one. :cool:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Onemanbanned

Onemanbanned Supporting Member

This should sell rather quickly as it is a solid price for an under the radar axe. If not, I would be shocked. I have both the Cort and Steinberger Spirit version headless. Purchased as they became available around the same time. Thought about keeping one or the other but just haven't been driven enough to sell either. Why? Because they don't come up used very often and would be hard to replace.

I grabbed one last minute on a trip with a Rockman headset. Didn't completely fit in my luggage case but found a rifle bag at a sporting goods store on the way to the airport so it wouldn't go naked as carry on. Big mistake at the airport- one could only imagine.

About that color....Who-hoo baby, party on!

7. froghat

Thanks for the kind words, guys. For those unfamiliar with these basses, they are licensed Steinberger clones. They use an actual Steinberger bridge and tuning system. Instead of traditional tuning machines, they have knobs that act as microtuners, allowing much better control.

Also, the preamp has an active/true passive switch. If your battery dies during a set, flip to passive mode and keep on playing.

8. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Nice bass I have one in black.

9. ronin614

ronin614

10. froghat

11. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Supporting Member

12. froghat

Thread Status: