Hohner bbass V replacement bridge.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jjones32, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jjones32

Jjones32

Hello :D So i have a 5 string hohner b bass that i recently came across. after having it set up they said the action couldn't be lowered anymore (it was still to high for my liking). Now after looking closely at it the back end of the bridge overtime has pulled up. I've seen this happen before on these basses. That and the saddles aren't in good shape either.

So with all that in mind i decided it would be easiest to just replace the bridge. However I have no idea what to put on it. I was wondering if anyone here would have an idea of a good bridge to put on it. the bridge measures roughly 5 1/2 x 9 3/4 cms. If someone could point me in the right direction on where to look for a decent replacement bridge that would be great.
  2. Jjones32

Jjones32

Somebody out there must have had one of these before and know. Anyone out there able to help?
  3. Jjones32

Jjones32

okay bumping this again
    ... does somebody at least have an idea of a decent bridge with similar dimensions??
  4. lightningDolt

lightningDolt

They make a replacement copy for this Bridge, I haven't really seen any other Bridges installed. Thave a similar problem with a Klera Twen Star that I am rebuilding; it used pretty much the same parts on it originally. I saw a schaller Roller Bridge on Ebay but while it looked perfect, it got too rich for my blood. AllParts has Hofner duplicate parts.
  5. AG42

AG42

I had the same issue with my B-Bass V and Ibanez SR506...not fixed the Hohner yet, but a Hipshot A-style brass bridge transformed the SR. But that wasn't a direct bolt-on and I had to drill new holes. At some stage I will do the same to the Hohner (which is also a fretless now!)
  6. AG42

AG42

Doh, forgot to mention, the Hipshot was roughly the same size as the 6-string bridge, and I think from memory the 5 was too, within a few mils...not cheap but it was worth it for me.
  7. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Your best bet is a Hipshot narrow (.669" pitch) bridge, or a Schaller Roller bridge. The Hipshot is available from Bass Pickups | Preamps | Bartolini | Aguilar (and www.carvin.com if you want a black base), and the Schaller is available from Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Custom bass and guitar bodies, necks, pickups, pickguards and hardware.

None are cheap, but all are excellent. Personally, I'd go with a Hipshot A-style, but I also like the B-style. Both have quick release for the strings so it make changing strings really easy.

Don't forget to ground the bridge, though...
  8. Jjones32

Jjones32

Will do. Thanks all. =) sorry for no response i just have been without a computer for a while.