1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hohner Professional PJ bass age?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bob E, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Bob E

Bob E

I'm curious about the age of this bass I picked up. Hohner doesn't seem to want to help. The number on the neck plate is 8827805. The body is mahogany plywood.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Dluxe

Dluxe Supporting Member

I believe the 88 is the year. Those are some nice basses!
  3. Bob E

Bob E

Thanks. I thought that might be the case too. I saw other people posting the numbers of their hohner basses on this forum and around online, and the first 2 positions seem to correlate with a year that the bass was supposed to be manufactured, but I've also noticed some have serial #'s that start with letters :eyebrow: