1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Holy Mother of Holy Grailness!-Guild Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drul, Dec 20, 2013.

1. drul

drul

I once had a pristine Guild JSB-2 that I gave away years ago as it just was not my thing at the time. I now heavily regret that decision as I have recently been playing my Gibson EB-0 a lot and it makes me realize how much of a beast the JSB-2 was/is.

My main bass for years after getting rid of the JSB-2 was a Guild B-302. The B-302 now sadly needs just about everything repaired (warped neck , cracked headstock, weak pickups, bad selector switch, etc) and has been sitting up for years. I haven't bothered with it as my preference for a huge neck has changed.

I've been through so many basses over the past 15 years or so and haven't found much that excited me the way the B-302 did when I first got it. I figured I'd start looking for another JSB-2 or possibly have something similar custom made.

Today I started looking at guitar center's used and vintage stuff online for any interesting Guilds. I didn't see anything that compelled me to spend the cash.

It was raining when I left work and traffic was slow on the freeway . I decided to take the surface streets home and stop in a guitar center to wait out the traffic. I walked in the door, headed to the bass section and halfway there, on a floor stand I see this........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Guild JSB-2LS. This is the first long scale guild Jet Star I have seen in person and the only of this model I have seen ever. It has the neck profile of the jet star though 34'' scale and features B-302 pickups and bridge with Jet Star electronics as the B-302 did not have the mini toggle/tap. It sounds amazing and I knew I'd regret it if I didn't buy it. I am not able to pick it up until next month due to the police hold they have on used equipment but man am I excited!

Thanks for reading....If anyone has any info on the JSB-2LS please share.