1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Home studio bass monitor.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by zxcvbs, Dec 7, 2013.

1. zxcvbs

zxcvbs

Hi i plan to simplify a little my setup.
    Want to record guitars, voices, and guitar here. Dont want to have practice or dedicated amps/fx.

Just a sound card, nuendo/renoise or another daw, and a pair of monitors to do recordings, live fx monitoring.

Does this will work on sound quality?
    I have to buy a pair of monitor was thinking of krk rp 6.
    My current setup:
    Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 (Actually i like its preamp quality compared to the fast track i have).
    Senheiser HD 202.

Using a pair of monitors, playing a guitar, bass, and some sample drums, will all be sound defined, or it will be a sounding mess?
    I have a zoom b3 dont like the effects on general that i get. Neither i like too much how guitar rig sounds. Will monitors improve something? How does compares virtual fx like amplitube, guitar rig, overloud to a dedicated processor like zoom b3, boss b series?
    Dont want to buy the speakers to prove that im wrong.