hora double bass thomann 22 3/4

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by malindowsky, Jun 17, 2012.

1. malindowsky

malindowsky

Dear friends

I dont know if anybody can help me with my question. I am looking to buy a Double Bass for a long time now, I have been looking into several ones. My situation is that I will be going on a business trip to Romania to the Hora factory where I could easily pick up a DB for my self. The laminated bass w carved top which is B110 in theire catalogue seems to be the same as the Thomann 22, but the price difference is very big which makes me wonder. Thomann sales this base for 864 euros the factory sales it for 350.

Is anybody here who has hands on experience with the factory version? Does Hora manufacture a special type just for thomann? Any info would be really helpful

Thank you in advance

M.

2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

3. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Frankly, that's about the right mark-up between factory and retail prices.
    Louis

4. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Email them before you go. Let them know that you're heading there. I've talked to them before, and they will usually give you a nice discount if you buy directly from the factory, and they prefer to know that you're on the way so that they can set up a few basses. When I emailed them, they asked for a specific date that I was coming so that they could be ready for me.

5. Register to disable this ad