HOT RODDED GYPSY ROSE PJ (Medium Scale 32")

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ebonalley, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley Supporting Member

For sale is a perfect condition, hot-rodded Gypsy Rose PJ. It has over $300 in upgrades. It's never been gigged or even taken out of my house for that matter. No scratches, no dents, no dings. I personally modified the headstock (Please note the adult material). This bass is totally giggable and I guarantee that you will not find a medium scale P bass on the market in this condition and price. This was a fun project but I'm moving towards 100% 5 bangers. My loss is your gain: $275 Shipped. Conus Paypal only at this time.

NEW VIDEO HERE (please excuse amateur hour): :bassist:
    http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h382/ebonybass/?action=view&current=MVI_4875_zpsdd8e19a6.mp4

Here are the upgrades
    New electronics
    High mass bridge from GPR
    Lace Sensor PJ
    Custom pickguard by Terrapin
    D'addario Chromes
    Fret work by Mr. Muckelory: http://bradybass.com/
    - Action is 5/64ths on the E at 12.
    Custom headstock paint job
    Custom headstock Decal by Custom Waterslide Decals:
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...adstock-Decals
    Hipshot Tuners
    SX neck plate

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This bass has a nice satin finish neck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I intentionally blurred out the "C" on this pic for family viewing. I can send you an unmodified pic upon request.
    [​IMG]
    I did a tasteful job filling in all the holes in the back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: This PJ combo was comprised of a brand new Lace Sensor P and and a hum-cancelling J from a Fender PJ. They balance very well together and J is plenty strong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. ebonalley

3. ebonalley

Let me know if the headstock decal is a deal-breaker for you. I could re-paint/re-finish but it will take a little time.
  4. ebonalley

Guess how much this bass weighs? 7.8 lbs! on the bathroom scale.

Here are some other specs:
    Slightly reduced scale/size
    Solid Alder body
    Dual cutaway body
    Contoured back
    Bolt-on Maple neck with adjustable truss rod
    Rosewood fretboard with 20 jumbo fretsWidth of the neck at the nut: 1 1/2”". String spacing at the bridge 11/16"
    Overall length 43 1/2"; Scale length: 32"
    Width: Lower Bout 12 1/4" Upper Bout 11"

PLUS, FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, I WILL ALSO THROW IN AN SX "GIG BAG", SX INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND GYPSY ROSE SHOULDER STRAP. ACT NOW!!! :)

Finally, here are some "before" pics to help depict the story of how I turned this toy into a powerful, low-end machine. I will consider throwing in the original "gypsy rose" pickguard for serious buyers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassinplace

bassinplace

Never played one of these. How is it playability wise? How do you think it might rate next to my Squier CV P?
  7. ebonalley

Bassinplace, first off thank you for your interest in my bass and also I think you’ve made a great choice in buying a CV P. Although I have never played one before, I have read many comments on the forum hailing their praise. I imagine that if differences did exist in playability, it would be the result of the slightly shorter scale and reduced weight of my medium scale bass. In my personal experience, I have never felt 100% comfortable playing a full-scale bass and have found a 32” inch neck to offer the greatest ease of playability without compromise to tone. Other strengths of my bass include its satin neck finish, its 1.5 inch nut width, and the neck’s slim profile, front to back. All of these characteristics combine to result in a lightweight bass that is effortless to play for hours on end. Hope this helps.
  8. bassinplace

bassinplace

I see, thanks for the info! It's a beautiful bass with the upgrades and the decal is killer.
  9. ebonalley

Thanks for the compliments. This bass was born with a tip of the hat to my rebellious, albeit aging punk-rock side. The one that says, “Oh everyone’s going American Fender” well I’m going “Made in China,” and let’s see if you’re attention to detail is as strong as your convictions. Sometimes you just need to wander off the neural cow path.
  10. quadrogong

quadrogong Supporting Member

nice job, finish is cool..
  11. ebonalley

Your tax refund is practically in the mail. Listen to the voice in your head saying, "Go for it." :bag:
  12. ebonalley

Ocscar Awards bump. Any questions about the bass I can answer?
  13. Laurie Bass

Laurie Bass Supporting Member

Bump for you.. I wish that I lived in the States, shipping to Canada is expensive. Never played a Medium scale bass before but would love to try. It sounds great!
  14. SerEsBass

SerEsBass

I'm interested...do you ship to San Juan, Puerto Rico 00926.

PR is a USA territory and it's just like shipping to Hawaii or Alaska we use the same US Postal Service.

I can pay for the difference in shipping because it could.be a bit more.
  15. ebonalley

Folks, thanks for your kind words on the bass. I'm going to stay CONUS at this time. On another note, some have asked me about the feel of a 32" neck. Without actually picking up a medium scale you may be able to get an estimate of the relief on your wrist by pretending that the first fret of a standard size bass is the nut (I believe the first fret is about 2”). Thanks.
  16. MrBuggaboo

MrBuggaboo

Paypal payment sent
  17. ebonalley

And sold!
  18. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

Great deal.