1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hot vs Moderate Output Jazz Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pshep68, Jan 21, 2014.

1. pshep68

pshep68

If I use jazz replacement pickup with hot output will the peak light on my Ampeg 3 Pro come on more so than if I was using pickups with a moderate output?
  2. Grissle

Grissle Supporting Member

3. line6man

line6man

It's impossible to say, without details. The specific pickups are one factor, but your technique, choice of strings, pots, preamps, and the resonant qualities of the instrument all contribute heavily to nominal output level.

This should never be an issue, however, as you can always attenuate the output of a bass with a trimmer pot, or fixed resistors, or even the volume knob.