1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Hotel in London

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Jan 17, 2014.

1. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I am trying to book a hotel for a couple of days in London for the month of May. It looks like I will have to pay $100 to $200 per night for something decent. (61 to 122 British pounds)
    Can anyone recomment a decent hotel or at least a decent neighborhood. I won't have a car so I will be walking, using the tube and maybe cycling. I will have to check out the cycling when I am there.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Dude, you can't walk or drive or cycle to London. Get that sorted out before you try finding a hotel room.

-Mike
  3. slobake

:p:p:p Almost as good as the guy who said he saw castles driving around Great Britian. Do you remember that one?
  4. odin70

odin70

The tube is your friend. Camden is really nice.
  5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

If you plan on going all over town, just look for a place that's really close to a tube stop and yet affordable. You might have to stay out a ways from the big tourist sites to get this, given your price range--hotels are very pricey in London. There are lots of decent-to-good neighborhoods there, however, in my experience.

My wife and I rented a flat, which was a bit cheaper and allowed us to cook some meals ourselves and save money. But there was a minimum stay of seven days.
  6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

Couple of days? Try any of the Premier Inns on the South Bank. Will suit you perfectly.
  7. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Bring a tent?
  8. slobake

Do they allow that in Hyde Park?
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Occupy Hyde Park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

-Mike
  10. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

You're a bassplayer. Be a rebel man!
  11. buzzbass

buzzbass

I concur, my company's Euro HQ is in the Camden Locke area. The Holiday Inn there is actually nice, as well as the Marriott. I had a blast when I went there in 2011 for a week long project.
  12. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Strand Palace.