Houston Area Recording Studios?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by VanillaThundah, Apr 11, 2014.

1. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah VERY enthusiastic walks... Supporting Member

Media:
    Just jumped into a project with my best friend who I've been in countless bands with. He's reached financial stability and after a few years off is ready to start a band up again with me on bass and himself on guitar.

Right now we are writing everything and currently on the prowl for a good drummer. We're doing instrumental rock/metal for the time being, when I have a few more vocal lessons under my belt we are going to attempt some vocals in the songs later on. As much as we'd like to try and record the songs ourselves, we know nothing outside of some really basic mixing and tracking stuff. He has a wife and two kids, my job never stops in addition to other commitments, so neither of us has time to get educated on making a proper album.

Any solid recording studios you guys can think of in the Houston area that would be experienced with our type of music? He's pinging several ones for price quotes, but I'd like to hear some real, organic experiences from fellow TB'ers if at all possible. Prices paid aren't necessary, but would be appreciated if it's included in your replies! :)
  2. devin_bass

devin_bass

I'm recording a metal ep with studio713 and I really like them. The engineer is well rounded and really has a solid ear. Super nice guy also.
  3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

No idea what happened to the guy, but try to find Dan Yeaney. He was one of the best in Houston for a very long time.

If you are willing to make the drive, Razors Edge Sound in Austin is a good studio as well.