How can you tell if someone is a Neo-nazi?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AlphaMale, Apr 26, 2008.

1. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

This is a legitimate fear I go through. I'm black and when I first went to shows I seemed pretty comfortable and relaxed. But as I stayed at my first show I saws a guy with a bald head, tank top, doc martins, and fatigues talking to a chick. I didn't really understand think much of it until I had to pass by the girl and I saw an SS tattoo behind her ear. So I've been pretty cautious since then. At the same venue, on another event someone yelled "**** nxxxxxx" because the guy was talking about local gangs. But there was this band today, there was a bald guy. Now normally I don't just assume because someone is bald they are a neo-nazi, but then he was with another guy he was with who was also bald. The chances that someone may be a neo-nazi increase when they increase. But Then I saw a third guy come with them who was bald chances increased even more. I still wasn't sure but then I saw the guy's jacket and it was a camo jacket with a German Flag on the arm. I then became pretty worried. I wanted definitive proof though. So I waited to hear them.They were set up and they said "Something doesnt' feel right here," He was looking in my direction. I got up and moved so I could see them. But he said, No not you don't worry. He started talking about psychedelic concepts. I expected some punk or some thrash metal, But to my surprise their music was a bit Alman Brothers band-ish. They has some nice music and cool solos. But the lyrics were honestly very very well written and pretty sweet. After the show the guy thanked me for staying and listening and shook my hand. I told him I liked his lyrics. So basically how do you be cautious without being prejudice? What are some signs? And how do you deal with that. The only reason I figured the other people were racist were because I knew what SS meant. (and yes they were lightning S's)

Mods: This is actually a serious issue, I hope I can learn how other people deal with this. It's a VERY serious issue but I understand if this thread will have to be deleted.
  2. HEIST

HEIST

Don't let little signs like a shaved-head get to you. I mean you'll just live in fear and also like you said they weren't as you expected. A shaved head is a shaved head.

There are some common physical features of course that identifies them as such because it is a subculture/group. Neo-nazis tend to have more than one feature that would make them fall into that category and make it obvious. Ones around here anyways. Now I'm not too sure what allll the different signs are and I'm pretty sure it varies as well depending on where in the world you are.

My friend's brother got spiderwebs tattooed on his elbows and apparently that's a Neo-nazi thing. He didn't find that out until after though. And this guy I'm hanging out with wears white laces with black military boots and according to my co-worker that's another Neo-Nazi thing. Doesn't mean they are. I mean groups take features here and there and make a name for them over time but by themselves they don't mean much other than giving off different aesthetics.
  3. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Yeah I heard about the spider web tattoos too and the only two people I met with them, they weren't racist either. I honestly just want to avoid fights and problems..
  4. XtreO

XtreO

1. Is the person/persons in question a skinhead?
    2. Can you see the person/persons throw filthy looks in the direction of coloured people?
    3. Do you hear the person/persons utter chants like "Miene fürer! Heil! Were mussen das juden awfruathen!"?
    4. Is the person/persons made of flesh?

If you answered yes to one of more of these questions, the person is a neo-nazi for sure.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. HEIST

HEIST

Exactly. It's never good to judge someone right off the bat. I mean what kind of world would we live in if we all fitted stereotypes? With that being said I was never stereotyped as much as I did two nights ago at a lounge. It was shocking.

[​IMG]

I mean, would you have guessed if they weren't wearing those shirts?

With all of that being said, flex your caution if someone's attitude raise huge red flags.
    There's no need to grace someone's presence if they don't want it.
    But other than that, enjoy life.
  7. kydnav

kydnav

speak German much? ;)
  8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Apparently they have stopped doing the nazi stuff now, which is great. Did you see the Loui Theroux documentary with the nazi's? SCAREY! Those girls were brainwashed from a young age.

In all honesty, you could clearly tell neo-nazi's from normal skinheads, they tend to be pretty pround about showing that.

However, I must admit, that for someone who is worried that they will be discriminated against due to physical appearence, you are judging people by appearence. Most skins are the biggest lot of anti-nazi's ever!

See the german flag on alot of jackets, ex-military style things. Nothing to do with being a nazi (i thought most nazi's didnt care for the current german flag as it isnt related to nazi-germany?)

I'd say just not to worry about it, while I dont know what the situation is where you are, if there are any neo-nazi's, they will probably be in the minority and unlikely to do anything.

I remember being at a punk gig where some emo kid went up to a guy i know (big guy, skin head, boots & braces), and told him he was a " ****ing nazi skin head " :scowl: (he isnt, and is a damned nice bloke)
  9. worker201

worker201

Yeah, German flag - really, any non-swastika flag - is a dead giveaway of someone who shops at the military surplus store. So those guys were just regular skinheads.

I've heard that neo-nazis come in packs, and they won't even confront a mannequin if they're not backed up by their friends. So if the person in question is alone, then there's no need to worry excessively.

Another thing to look for is non-US-flavored eagle imagery - that's a strong Nazi symbol.
  10. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker

The ones I've seen have VERY distinctive tats. They are NEVER by themselves.
  11. XtreO

XtreO

No, as I am sure you were trying to make a point of :smug:
  12. JimS

JimS

Say "Shabbat shalom" and give person in question a kiss on each cheek. See what reception and response you get.
  13. Happynoj

Happynoj

Saw a guy today with a Swastika tattooed on his forehead. He also had a big leather jacket with a massive Union Jack on the back , and was riding a scooter covered in Union Jacks and patriotic slogans. :rollno:
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The half-inch-high forehead is a dead giveaway.
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You know, I owe these two guys an apology. They look too smart to be white supremacists.

[​IMG]
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

What kind of shows are you going to that would bring in a neo-Nazi crowd?

Watch out for red laces in the boots. According to a documentary I saw on A&E, it is an indicator that the wearer has drawn blood for the cause.

-Mike
  17. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Unless it's a Polish, Austrian, German, Albanian or Romanian Coat of Arms... You're thinking of the "Non-US Flavoured" Eagle that grips a swastika in it's talons. That's a surefire nazi symbol right there.

All of my experiences with neo-Nazi types, and granted those have been extremely few, make it abundantly clear that there's no insidious deception going on. They're rarely, if ever trying to hide it, believe me.
  18. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Also, a lot of skinheads (non-racist, apolitical types I might add) also wear the red laces, strictly for aesthetics... so again, use your better judgement.
  19. Croox

Croox

Neo-Nazi is going to be the new emo.

people are just using it to draw attention to themselves and use it as a publicity stunt.

I dont fall into either one of those "skinhead" categories and I've got black shoes with red laces.

overall I'd ignore it they probably don't believe in what their preaching anyway.
  20. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Anytime someone gives off signals that bother you, LISTEN to your intuition. You may be wrong occasionally, but you'll probably be right more often than you're wrong.
  21. eedre

eedre

Cause they will get the **** kicked out of them if they don't back each other up.