How dark is the Warwick Fortress fretboard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vishuddha, Mar 14, 2014.

1. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    Hey guys, I am just about to pull the trigger on a Warwick Rockbass Fortress 5-string bass but I never trust the pictures to show how dark the fretboard is.

I know it's rosewood but sometimes they companies make the rosewood really dark to where it's almost ebony looking. THAT'S what I want. I just wouldn't be happy with it not being very dark.

If any of you have had a chance to see one of these in person, I would really appreciate you confirming if it looks as ebony-like as it does in the pictures.

The bass in question: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Warwick-Rockbass-Fortress-5-String-Electric-Bass-H98272-i3142099.gc

If I can get confirmation, I'm going to buy it almost immediately, so any input would be great!

Also, side question: Are these pups noisy? They didn't sound noisy in the demo vids but I figured I should ask.

Thanks for reading!
  2. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Well, just like all figured tops don't look alike, so too will each fretboard be different. Unless you're able to get a picture of the one you're actually buying, then you can't be certain what you'll get.
  3. vishuddha

Disclosures:
    While the above is totally accurate, I would like even one person's experience with them to know if there's even a chance of getting a super dark one. I'm ordering straight through Warwick so, if I was told you can get them ebony-ish, I would just ask for the darkest one they have.

If no one has any input, I'm sure I'd still order it blind, but I don't believe in returning items unless they aren't working so I would be stuck with it. Any responses would be helpful! Thanks.
  4. agreatheight

agreatheight

You could dye / stain it darker pretty easily, I'd think.
  5. ole Jason

ole Jason

Looks pretty dark in the pictures I've seen. Nothing looks worse than a dried out light colored piece of rosewood.

[​IMG]
  6. vishuddha

Disclosures:
    See, that looks pretty nice. I totally agree. It would ruin the bass for me if it came in looking light colored. The dark fretboard just makes the Warwick aesthetic imho.