1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How dead is my WT-800?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Chadwickw, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Chadwickw

Chadwickw

I just got back from the studio and it's late and I need some grief counseling. I'm hoping someone can tell me that it might not be as bad I think it might be; here's what happened.

I always run my WT-800A bridged into a fEARful 12/6/1. Tonight I was selling a 210XLT; so I disconnected the fEARful and connected the 210 to the left side amp. Everything was fine. I then realized that I still had the "bridged mono" mode button pressed in. So I turned off the amp. I switched the button to disengage "bridged mono" and then...

The amp turned on, but it made no signs of life except that the red LED on the power switch still illuminated. But nothing happened. No fan, no noise at all; it was a vegetable.

So let's hear you diagnosis. Worst case and best case scenarios accepted. Thanks! Feeling pretty down right now.
  2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Did it blow the fuse? Probably not if you still have the red LED, but worth checking.
  3. Chadwickw

Chadwickw

I've heard from some others that the red LED will still function even if the fuse is blown, so hopefully that's it!
  4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

If the fuse is blown chances are that is not the only problem. If you ran it below 8 ohms it'll probably need some output transistors replaced.
  5. Chadwickw

Chadwickw

We'll see--I didn't run it below 8ohms (only the one 8ohm cab was connected the whole time).
  6. Lowendtech

Lowendtech

Maybe a trip over to the Eden forum would be worthwhile. The guys are very good sorting problems there and there's a wealth of relevant info too. Good luck and hope it's nothing serious.
  7. Chadwickw

Chadwickw

Just a blown fuse. Phew!