How did i not find this sooner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Synthax, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Synthax

Synthax

I cant describe how finding this instrument has changes and helped me. I almost feel robbed that i went 40 years until i found it. I truly wish id have done this from childhood. Anyone else find their "thing" late in life ?
  2. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Although I started in my teens I once had a student that started upright in her early sixties. She quickly became an excellent musician and had an inspiring outlook - "I figure I've got another 30 years or so!". That's a long time to hone your skills.

Enjoy!
  3. Nev375

Nev375

Media:
    I hope you are referring to bass guitar and not your actual.... uh..... you know..... thing. Most guys discover that instrument pretty early.
  4. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Better late than never.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Meh. Life is too short for regrets. Just get out there and squeeze every drop of enjoyment out of it now. Wait. We're still talking about bass, right?
  7. Synthax

Synthax

Yep,just bass :)
  8. bluewine

bluewine

I started playing bass guitar when I was 12 or 13 years old.

I would never be able to pick up and learn the instrument at 59 like I did at 12.

However, I still take lessons and I'm still learning.

Blue
  9. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member

You have another 40-50 years left to enjoy the journey! :bassist: Have fun making memories. When there's more time than life, it's a lot easier to focus on what you want to accomplish.

"Don't look back, something might be gaining on you!" Satchel Paige (playing pro baseball into his forties or fifties or therebouts).