How do I connect my speakers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Limo, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Limo

Limo Gold Supporting Member

Are there any Hartke Kilo guys who can help me out?
    I have one 8 ohm cabinet and anothe 4 ohm cabinet how do I connect them correctly?

Attached Files:

2. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

With two speaker cables: one into the left speaker out, one into the right speaker out.

fnord!
  3. fnordlyone

4. Limo

Are you sure? I was confused about the impedence. Also if i have only one speaker which one to connect?
  5. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    The top two are your stereo speaker outs. Use those two.1 Cab out of each side. You will need to use the balance knob to get the cabs equal.

The lower speaker output is to run it bridged. It will put out 1000 watts in to 4ohms
  6. Limo

7. Limo

Ok I kinda thought so but the tech talk in the manual got me confused :hyper: also I see you own one, do you know where to get the footswitch?
  8. Limo

So bridged is 4ohm lowest and stereo is 2ohm lowest?
  9. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    You can use any 2 button footswitch with a TRS 1/4 plug. You will need 2 of them. One for the OD/Mute one for the EQ/Effect if you want to be able to switch everything
  10. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Correct
  11. Limo

Thank you very much bro :bassist:
  12. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

With all due respect ... having chosen an amp like that, the manual is about to become your new best friend ... you have your work cut out for you ... plug and play does not appear to be the theme here ;)
  13. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Its not bad, Ignore all the buttons and graphic eq at first and just worry about the 3 band eq.
  14. fnordlyone

I've no experience with this particular amp, but THERE IS NO GHOST IN THE MACHINE, what one man can do another can do.
    Didn't you buy it to play around with all the knobs, etc? Once you learn the lingo, the owner's manual shouldn't be too bad, at all.

I'm sure you're not dumb, since you play bass… I'd trade techno mumbo jumbo knowledge for better skills on the instrument any day!

Quentin Tarintino said that Supermodel look-a-likes work at your McDonalds, and said everyone likes to drink up and have fun. What is the immigration policy of Iceland? :smug:

fnord!
  15. Limo

Let's just say I prefer to mess around with the front but not the back.
    What I meant was that I wanted to be sure how to connect the speakers before I blow something up. The manual is not totally idiotproof. For example: " Do not put your cat in your microwave" Although I am in a lot of ways a plug an play guy. It is when I have gotten all my presets correct, then I wanna plug in and play :bassist:
  16. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Like I said its not to hard. Start with the buttons all of and No over drive. Dial in yyour 3 band EQ. Its a fender tone stack so bass 2, Mids 10, treble 2 will be flat. You cant boost mids on the 3 band. Then Dial in your over drive. I set mine around 3.

The Deep button will add low end
    The Brite button boosts high end
    The Shape button activates the shape knob as you turn it, it changes the EQ curve depending on were you set it it will either lift the lows and scoop the mids or lift the highs. Be careful with it, it can make it hard for you st be heard in the mix if you scoop to many mids.

I use the graphic EQ to cut my lows and boost my mids. Mine is set in a frown. I found it was best to set the 3 band flat, Adjust my Graphic EQ to taste then use the bass and treble on the 3 band to adjust to the room.

Last thing to add is compression. Dial it in slow. Once you get the knob up to about noon your going to notice its eating your volume. I keep mine really low.

I also run a Hartke Bass Attack pedal in the front end to add a bit of growl. That I have the EQ set flat, The shape is off and I just use the Harmonics and Brite knob and then blend it in.

The DI on the Kilo sounds really good so I have no issue using it at shows over being mic'd