How do I fix this?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Matthew_84, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

As I was swapping necks, I took a couple nice chips of finish off of one of my Squier bodies. It even removed the sealer coat and went down to the raw wood.

How can I repair this so it isn't so obvious? Not an expensive bass, so it doesn't matter much, just want to make it a bit more camouflaged. I was thinking of just using a black marker but thought that it may soak into the wood and could possibly create some sort of issue. I then thought of applying clear, then black nail polish. Any one have any other ideas?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Black sharpie!
  3. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

black pg or just start the relicing process and leave it alone. It adds character
  4. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

It certainly adds character. I'm not a big fan of character though, LOL. Worst thing is that I decided to put the original neck back on, so it was all for nothing... I'm an idiot who thinks too much and acts impulsively.

The sharpie would certainly be a quick fix, but I'm not sure it's the best one. Has anyone tried the nail polish idea? Seems like it would have a bit of a better turnout, but not sure how it would bond to wood or the other finish. Or is there a way to sharpie it, but add a finish on top to even it out, like say clear nailpolish?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Warhawk

Warhawk

Get one of those little bottles of black paint made for plastic model cars and a small brush. Keep the paint within the damaged spots and you'll have to look closely to see the chips. I'd pull the neck before touching up.