How do I get this sound?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Gegster, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Gegster

Feb 1, 2013
    Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. I've been wondering about this for ages, and never figured it out. How do I get this sound on my bass?

I have a Rickenbacker 4003 that I use on different amps. I have a 10 band EQ but I haven't been able to achieve this effect by tweaking on that. If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it. I love this tone!

2. F-Clef-Jef

Nov 13, 2006
    Neenah, WI
    I don't have an answer for you, but I really like that band! Thanks for the link!
  3. Ifriff

Feb 7, 2011
    You can probably get that tone with the SansAmp Bass Driver. Use something like a deluxe P bass. Probably ten inch speakers. Set everything flat. Put the SansAmp drive around 2:00 and the volume of the sans around 11:00. Everything else at noon. Work from there. I bet you can get that tone. Depends how good your amp is. Tube would be better.
  4. HitByABlimp

Apr 10, 2007
    Get a precision and use a pick! Turn the low-mids up and high-mids down, compressor somewhere in between. A tiny bit of fuzz to grow some hair on it might help too.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Ifriff

Feb 7, 2011
    Yea a pick too. A real heavy pick. I use 2.0. And heavy strings. I can get a similar sound with my SansAmp BDDI with a little Sub Lime Fuzz to thick in it up.
  7. Gegster

Feb 1, 2013
    SansAmp sounds like the way to go then, thanks a million for your replies guys! My bass is a Rickenbacker, hope it'll do the trick, really love this sound.
  8. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    With your Ric turn all the knobs to 10 the roll off the neck pickup to 7 or 8. With your eq try a slight mid boost. Play with a pick and use roundwound strings.

A VT bass pedal would help as well.