1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

how do i make a wah pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Unemploid

Unemploid

i been looking a perfect wah pedal for me for awhile and decided i just have to make it myself, but how. can you point me to websites, books, videos, etc. that could teach me how. thanks, for all the help you guys, this is a great site, if only their was one for drummers, i'm looking for one for our band.
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The hard part about making a wah pedal is making the actual foot-treadle and housing. The circuit itself is very simple and easy. But manufacturing a treadle that works properly and smoothly, and doesn't break, takes a lot of resources that most people just do not have.

What many hobbyists do is buy an old volume or wah pedal that needs the circuit repaired, and just put in a new circuit of their choosing.

But think about it--you have to buy a broken wah pedal, and buy new parts for it, and buy a soldering iron and accessories... At some point you realize you could have just bought a used wah pedal that was still in good working order, and spent about the same money.