1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How do I post songs on facebook?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by agent77, Feb 9, 2013.

1. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

Not sure if this is in the right sub-forum, but anyway. My band just recorded a few songs and the drummer e-mailed them to me in WAV form. I'd like to put one on our f/b page but can't figure out how. Any tips? Thanks in advance.
  2. vin*tone

vin*tone Supporting Member

Get a Soundcloud account, upload to there, then share to FB.
  3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

If you want to post songs on facebook, it would be a good idea if you have either a soundclick website or a soundcloud website for your band. that's what I did with my bands. any song I upload from my band's soundclick website, I post a link on facebook.
  4. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

One option that's no-fuss-no-muss, as far as the upload is concerned, is to make a video using a single picture as the video media and the wav as the audio track.
  5. agent77

Now that's thinking outside the box. Thanks, Dr. Pepper.
  6. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Sure. Again, it's just an option, but it does avoid the effort of setting up other accounts etc. and I think the presentation of having the file right there on the page can be nicer than having a link; the trade off being the time and effort to make the video.

Because I do some editing anyway, I know what tools I have. If you're on a Mac, iMovie will do, and I assume Moviemaker (?) will do something similar on Windows.

I had some mp3 made from a 1982 cassette tape (hideous quality, but I wanted to post some)

Example - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=461861360519286&set=vb.170003886394869&type=3&theater
  7. agent77

I'm using Window 7 with moviemaker. I'll see if I can get something up after work tonight.