How do I post songs on facebook?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Monster Truck, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

Not sure if this is in the right sub-forum, but anyway. My band just recorded a few songs and the drummer e-mailed them to me in WAV form. I'd like to put one on our f/b page but can't figure out how. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

2. vin*tone

vin*tone

Get a Soundcloud account, upload to there, then share to FB.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

If you want to post songs on facebook, it would be a good idea if you have either a soundclick website or a soundcloud website for your band. that's what I did with my bands. any song I upload from my band's soundclick website, I post a link on facebook.

4. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

One option that's no-fuss-no-muss, as far as the upload is concerned, is to make a video using a single picture as the video media and the wav as the audio track.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Monster Truck

Now that's thinking outside the box. Thanks, Dr. Pepper.

7. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

Sure. Again, it's just an option, but it does avoid the effort of setting up other accounts etc. and I think the presentation of having the file right there on the page can be nicer than having a link; the trade off being the time and effort to make the video.

Because I do some editing anyway, I know what tools I have. If you're on a Mac, iMovie will do, and I assume Moviemaker (?) will do something similar on Windows.

I had some mp3 made from a 1982 cassette tape (hideous quality, but I wanted to post some)

Example - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=461861360519286&set=vb.170003886394869&type=3&theater

8. Monster Truck

I'm using Window 7 with moviemaker. I'll see if I can get something up after work tonight.