How do I store my Warmoth Body for my deployment?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by cv115505, Nov 12, 2012.

1. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses | Hanson Guitars | Augustas Guitars | Paul & Mills Amplification
    Greetings... kind of a general question here but I just got an unfinished Warmoth Jazz body... I thought I would be able to get the finish on it before I left for my deployment, but it didn't work out. Now, I'll be gone for about 6-7 months and I was wondering what the best method of storage would be so that the wood (swamp ash) will be in the same condition when I return... As it stand, I plan to just leave it sealed in the box that it came in... Basically, when I got it, I took it out to inspect it and resealed in the shipping box. Is this the right way to go about it? Is there something better I can do? Also, my wife will be home the whole time so is there anything she should do to care for it?
  2. cv115505

Disclosures:
    For the record, Ive never done a build myself before and I really don't know much about carpentry or anything like that, so if this is a stupid question I apologize haha.
  3. pushifier

pushifier dB basses

You can clamp the body on a flat surface (like a table or workdesk); and get that seal of the body so it can breathe and store it a stable humity room
  4. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

It's not like it's going to warp :meh: Store it however you like in as dry and warm an environment as possible. Any moisture wicked from the wood is a good thing in a solid body ;)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. __HM__

__HM__

It's a thick piece of wood, that's already pre-cut by a well-regarded company, which presumably means it's bone dry. Put it on the kitchen counter. Or on your bed. Or in the back seat of your car. Shouldn't matter too much.
  7. cv115505

Disclosures:
    I'm just going to leave it in the box wrapped in the plastic and packing materials
  8. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Keep it in a room out of the sun and where the humidity is fairly constant. Cover it to keep the dust off of it ... I let bass bodies lay around my basement until I am ready to use them ... no special storage at all.

Necks are the real problem ... bodies don't warp and develop s curves ...