How Do You Feel About The RME Babyface?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MusicMan0311, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MusicMan0311

MusicMan0311

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into getting another usb interface (not a mac user so no apogee suggestions please) because my m-audio mobile pre just crapped out on me. I've been looking at the RME Babyface and thought I'd see how you guys felt about it. Thoughts?

Also on a slightly unrelated note, why is everyone hating on the soundblaster x-fi cards in the recording arena? I mean I've got one in my pc right now and it sounds fantastic. Is it a sound issue or an I/O issue or what? Because they're getting some mad hate on the web and I don't want to keep in my recording set up if there's something you pros know that I don't.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.
  2. Addni

Addni

All the RME stuff is amazing, including the baby face. I've had a fire face 400 for a few years and I love it. Never had any driver problems or anything like that.. More than I can say about presonus.
  3. Dilbert

Dilbert

RME =win
  4. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Fantastic interface. For 2 channel interfaces on the market right now, for me it's either a Babyface or a Duet 2. Simple as that.
  5. Register to disable this ad