1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How Do You Feel About The RME Babyface?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MusicMan0311, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MusicMan0311

MusicMan0311

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into getting another usb interface (not a mac user so no apogee suggestions please) because my m-audio mobile pre just crapped out on me. I've been looking at the RME Babyface and thought I'd see how you guys felt about it. Thoughts?

Also on a slightly unrelated note, why is everyone hating on the soundblaster x-fi cards in the recording arena? I mean I've got one in my pc right now and it sounds fantastic. Is it a sound issue or an I/O issue or what? Because they're getting some mad hate on the web and I don't want to keep in my recording set up if there's something you pros know that I don't.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.
  2. Addni

Addni

All the RME stuff is amazing, including the baby face. I've had a fire face 400 for a few years and I love it. Never had any driver problems or anything like that.. More than I can say about presonus.
  3. Dilbert

Dilbert

RME =win
  4. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

Fantastic interface. For 2 channel interfaces on the market right now, for me it's either a Babyface or a Duet 2. Simple as that.