How does ignore list work?

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk' started by A-Step-Towards, Feb 8, 2014.

1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Essentially the same as a face book block? can they see my posts or send me a PM?

I sold a neck today and long story short another guy got mad because he doesn't have money or didn't have it at the time and has no feedback and was mad I had it on hold for another member with feedback. Before going to bed and over a day of no reply from the original buyer of my neck I said maybe we can work out a deal in the morning. I get online to see this guy has flooded the classifieds with stuff for sale in order to buy my neck but the original buyer has already sent payment.

The guy had also flooded my PM with 7 messages. I told him it was sold and right away another 3 pm's about how I should sell to him and refund this other guy.

Anyways for the first time ever I added someone to my ignore list because I also got tired of his constant bumping.
  2. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    I think all it does is hides that person's replies in threads that you're viewing. Put me on ignore and I'll test to see if I can post something in this thread. I think I can, but you'll only see something like:

--------------------------
    cybersnyder (hidden)
    --------------------------

You can click on it and read my post. No idea if it blocks the person from being able to send you pms. I'll test that too for you.
  3. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Yep you are right.

I ended up just talking with the guy and working it out, he was rather just hard to deal with as well we are 40+ years apart in age and I think his internet skills were a little new thus a communication breakdown of sorts occurred.

Thanks!
  4. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Glad it worked out!