1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How does it feel to be alive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 19, 2014.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Talk Bass:

Tell me, how does it feel to be alive?

Today, at least for me, life feels like the bass line for the song "Orion".
  2. ZenG

ZenG

I dunno....I don't have anything to compare it against.....
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman

It feels good.

With the amount of people I have lost/am losing, I do appreciate it quite a bit.
  4. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

Exhausting. Every time I turn around, I've got to eat or sleep or go to the bathroom or drink water again. It's always something I have to do to perpetuate this condition. There's barely time left to do nothing.
  5. elgecko

elgecko

Hello one and all
    Was it you I used to know
    Can't you hear me call
    On this old ham radio
    All I got to say
    I'm alive and feeling fine
    If you come my way
    You can share my poison wine
  6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Surely you're not infinite. There must have been a time you were not alive.
  7. Bloodhammer

An old roommate of mine would say it's when you aren't taking risks. Apparently life begins with breaking the law, according to him.
  8. bassinplace

bassinplace

Illusory, elusory, interesting, amusing, chaotic, disappointing, exciting, stimulating, entertaining, stupid, pointless, exhilarating, unfair, grateful, beautiful, amazing, painful, weird and bittersweet.
  9. EricF

EricF Habitual User Gold Supporting Member

At the moment...achy, tired, and a little bit agitated.
  10. bassinplace

bassinplace

Being an outlaw is not a prerequisite for taking some risks. If you never take any, you never have any fun.
  11. Unrepresented

Life has a lot in common with the seminal 1980 Judas Priest album "British Steel."
  12. Bloodhammer

I risk my credibility every day by posting in OT.

And playing air guitar on a cardboard reverse-V.
  13. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

Well, today my farts are unreal, with a stench unmatched. I KNOW for sure I'm alive today.

How does it feel? Great - I never fail to make myself laugh. I'm easily amused.
  14. ZenG

ZenG

In all seriousness:-

Life is a strange brew of all sorts of events , perceptions, feelings, gains, losses, and ups and downs.

When we have no pain we say life is good.

But I'm glad I had a life of experiencing the entire spectrum just about.

I have a lot of empathy for those that have died or suffered through no fault of their own.

I do not subscribe to the "let's be happy all the time' crowd...or those that have this mock "cheerfulness" output.......such a shallow view of life.

Life does not always deal the cards the way we want them. A famous composer once said that life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it.....so true.

It is good to be alive.....but with that comes the knowledge that life can be anything from savage to sublime.

Sorry Louis Armstrong...I don't "think to myself what a wonderful world"........the world is in many respects a toilet.....morally,mentally and physically....I don't delude myself by being ignorant.

That said.......as one nobleman put it "strive to be happy".

Happiness is not going to be handed to anybody on a silver platter. So you have to look for the diamonds amidst the pile of feces.

Take nothing for granted....because things can happen in the twinkling of an eye and there is no going back.

Be glad for what you have............
  15. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

Every day above ground is a good day.
  16. Unrepresented

A position you and Mole Man do not share.

[​IMG]
  17. bassinplace

bassinplace

You are living on the edge, my friend!
  18. Marial

Marial Proud Papa-to-be Supporting Member

A bit schizophrenic lately. Despite being very thankful for being employed, I am really not happy with my current job, I'm over the moon about my first kid coming into the world in early April, and I'm terrified by it at the same time, working on the house, trying to find some time to fit in music, resetting priorities, keeping my wife happy and comfortable.... It's definitely exciting times.
  19. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

So I'm walking through the security line at Houston Bush International Airport this morning, and the TSA agent who's scanning my boarding pass asks "How are you today?"

And I -- since I was there over twelve freakin' hours later than scheduled due to a stupid mechanical issue on the original plane -- replied "Eh... I've been better."

He looks up at me and says "You may have felt better; but you've never been better than you are right now. You're in the moment, and nothing tops that."
  20. madman4string

madman4string

You forgot breathe.