how does this crybaby sound on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Unemploid

Unemploid

this thread is for those guys wondering which specific crybaby wah sounds like on bass. so, post your description on how the bass wah, signature guitarist, or vintage crybaby wah sounds like on bass.

2. bigmoosepi

bigmoosepi

hate the bass wah, spring loaded is useless as you can't leave it cocked in a certain spot.

Most work fine but there will always be some low end loss, doubling the range capacitor can beef it up but theres still gonna be some lows lost.

3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

You can take the spring out of the bass wah. I still don't like it at all though. It has the worst bypass I have ever heard. I've heard some good sounds from the Dimbag signature wah on bass in videos but I have to wonder if all of the crybabys have that wet blanket over your speaker bypass.

4. Crater

Crater

They DO! :rollno: ALL Dunlop wahs, even their 'boutique' CAE version, use the "input is always connected" bypass method, which sucks tone. Newer versions have an input buffer which reduces the tonesuck, but it's still there.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jensby design

Jensby design

If you split your signal and leave your lows uneffected you can use any wah you want without abandoning your roll as bass player.
    :rolleyes: but what do I know I built all my own effects :rolleyes:
    as far as tone sucking in bypass goes, true bypass looper maybe.

7. bigmoosepi

bigmoosepi

I use a BYOC wah which has an actual true bypass switch. Easy kit to build too, can't recommend it enough. Comes with two caps for range and is full of trimpots.