1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How Else hates winter?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Nov 25, 2013.

1. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

I hate winter for many reasons. One is I have to close down my garden and put up many Boxes to protect my plants. which if you want more what I mean what this.
    Another one is too fu*king cold. Really, thats the only reason I hate winter. What about you guys?
  2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

I'm from the North East of the U.S. and I hate winter as well. I hate the cold and I hate driving in snow (but I deal).
  3. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

How else?
  4. elgecko

elgecko

Currently 72F and sunny in the suburbs of Smell A! :cool:
  5. JFOC

JFOC

Just bought a new snowboard. Can't wait to get up to the mountains...
  6. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

This is why I should sleep before posting or check before posting lol sorry. Who else
  7. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

lucky ba*terd. its 33 in Indiana.
  8. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

Just f-ing with you. Heah, winter sucks. Ironically I spend it all at ice rinks. Two of my kids play hockey. Always cold!
  9. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Least you deal with more snow than Ice. Indiana is a mix Really. most of the time its snow but we getting more I now days. :bawl:
  10. InsaneBassninja

InsaneBassninja

Not Really, Your used to cold unlike me. Plus having those Palms In Indiana doesn't really help it. I should have a video up soon showing How I protect them for the winter. Its easier than it sounds also.
  11. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

At the beach yesterday it was all shorts and swimsuits while we played volleyball under a blue sky. Location is everything.
  12. bassinplace

bassinplace

Hate it. It's cold, gloomy, wet and the days are short. What's to like? Not much as far as I'm concerned.
  13. stratovani

stratovani

Much as I hate the cold, I can deal with it better than 95 degree steamers in the middle of July. :p
  14. Lenwood Dinard

Lenwood Dinard Supporting Member

Winter here in South Texas is like, maybe one weekend. Last time it snowed was in 2004. Now the rest of the year it's 100 degrees!
  15. Vcell

Vcell

Mostly its fine here in central Texas. But of course I'm moving this week and its 34 degrees and raining. :banghead:
  16. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Ain't that the truth. That one week of winter we get per year is only so the mosquitoes can take a brief vacation. On the plus side, when the weather cools down the 'gators aren't as active and I don't have to turn on the AC as much.
  17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

I dont mind the winter too much, though I prefer autumn. Winter in SoCal is kind of like autumn.
  18. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Not too bad in NC. It gets cold a few weeks (separate weeks, not in a row). It's kind of a roller coaster this time of year. A high of 42 one day and 74 the next (no kidding). The mountains are close enough for a couple ski trips each year. And the beach is close enough for every weekend in the Summer. It's the best of both worlds I guess (looking at it from a glass-half-full angle).

The only problem we deal with is ICE. Virginia and to the North always gets snow. SC and to the south always gets rain. But every time that kind of system comes through, we just get ICE. But it only lasts a couple days. And it's fun to pull dipsticks out of ditches for a few days.
  19. jrthebassguy

jrthebassguy Supporting Member

I love winter.

Disclaimer: I live in Texas, where it's hot 9-10 months out of the year.
  20. bassinplace

bassinplace

Kind of. Like a colder, wetter, darker version. I don't care for it, but it could be worse. I'm just glad to be in SoCal. If I was in Minnesota I'd probably lose it.