1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How good is your ear???

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by sirplabassalot, Dec 7, 2013.

1. sirplabassalot

sirplabassalot

Dear bassists of talk bass I need your help.

I have this audition for this band for Thursday. The band is a dynamic power trio and you can listen to them here https://soundcloud.com/gustin-f.

I'm auditioning with their original songs and being a bassist for 6 years this is actually the first time I done this. It's always good to have a second ear to clarify what you're doing, and this is why I'm posting here.
    It will mean a lot if someone could even tell me the key of the songs.
    I think the first one is F or F# and the second one is A and the third is either C# or somewhere near F.

Don't worry if it's to much to ask but it would be pure amazeballs if someone can tab a quick riff for even one of the songs.

Thanks a million,

sirplabassalot
  2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp Supporting Member

Sounds like F#, A, and C# to me.
  3. Kollektor

Kollektor

Saw this post. Had to help.
    I can only give you my interpretation, of course. Also, keep in mind that the bass I played with is tuned to drop D. Still gonna tab it in E tho.

The main line of this tune, to me, sound a little something like

E--0-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-0-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-0-2-2-2-3-2-2-2- and the a little variation starting from 3 (G) to bring it back around.

The chorus

A-----------------------0--0--22-2-2-2
    E--2--2--00-0-0-0---------------------

I hope that helps. I can do the others later, if you still need assistance. But I gotta run. Good luck!:bassist: