How good is your ear???

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by sirplabassalot, Dec 7, 2013.

1. sirplabassalot

sirplabassalot

Dear bassists of talk bass I need your help.

I have this audition for this band for Thursday. The band is a dynamic power trio and you can listen to them here https://soundcloud.com/gustin-f.

I'm auditioning with their original songs and being a bassist for 6 years this is actually the first time I done this. It's always good to have a second ear to clarify what you're doing, and this is why I'm posting here.
    It will mean a lot if someone could even tell me the key of the songs.
    I think the first one is F or F# and the second one is A and the third is either C# or somewhere near F.

Don't worry if it's to much to ask but it would be pure amazeballs if someone can tab a quick riff for even one of the songs.

Thanks a million,

sirplabassalot
  2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp Supporting Member

Sounds like F#, A, and C# to me.
  3. Kollektor

Kollektor

Saw this post. Had to help.
    I can only give you my interpretation, of course. Also, keep in mind that the bass I played with is tuned to drop D. Still gonna tab it in E tho.

The main line of this tune, to me, sound a little something like

E--0-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-0-2-2-2-3-2-2-2-0-2-2-2-3-2-2-2- and the a little variation starting from 3 (G) to bring it back around.

The chorus

A-----------------------0--0--22-2-2-2
    E--2--2--00-0-0-0---------------------

I hope that helps. I can do the others later, if you still need assistance. But I gotta run. Good luck!:bassist: