1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How I can get this sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by prbrianpr, Jan 24, 2013.

1. prbrianpr

prbrianpr

How I can get this bass sound?

Papa roach- Hollywood whore

And sounds like:

BVB- The legacy
    Metallica- Creeping death
    Pierce the veil- A king for a day.

Because the bass sounds in that songs like some type of distortion or somenthing likte that. I say like a bass sound but with that metalic treble IDK just hear the song.

Equipment:

Thunderbird pro V bass
    Stagg XB300 bass (soon heavily modified)
    Ampeg PF-500
    Fender 4 x 10 cab.

My 2 basses sounds like the same (the birdy sounds a bit better) and that is spected all the basses need to sound nearly the same because they are basses. I played 4 basses in my life and sounds very close one to other, you know very acoustic and clean and a little trebly on the bridge pickup. what I need then to sound like that basses? better pickups? pedals?
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

When I play Papa I use a combination of my Tone Hammer,B3K and VT Bass I really think you could get away with just the VT bass if you had to.
  3. obsidianbass

obsidianbass

Sorry for the mild highjack, but could you share your settings on the VT and B3K? I happen to be rocking those 2 pedals and always looking for new ways to make them work well together. I suppose this does correlate to the thread topic!:)
  4. rebelscum

rebelscum

5. prbrianpr

prbrianpr

Thank you I think I will get the VT first.