how is the DeltaLab DBFX1 Bass Multi Effects Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Aug 13, 2012.

1. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I just saw this on ebay and I'm curious. I was going to buy a dedicated EBS reverb pedal because my amp can power it but this thing has so much more.And it's less money...
    Is it any good?

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

I own a deltalab dbfx1 and in my honest opinion, it sounds pretty cool. it has a decent variety of effects, amp and cab models. it has some tube-emulated amp models. those amp models has a nice warm sound. some of them can sound overdriven(which I think sounds awesome). it also has some solid state amp models. those amp models sound nice and clear. my only gripe is that those amp models tends to be a little sensitive with my schecter stiletto bass. but it doesn't do that with my Ibanez soundgear bass. but other than that, it's a pretty cool sounding multi-effects processor. I did record sound samples of the deltalab dbfx1 on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

Also I have started a thread on patch ideas on the deltalab dbfx1 just like I've started a thread on patch ideas on the digitech bp355. here's the link to the thread.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/deltalab-dbfx1-patch-ideas-885196/

It's really a great sounding multi-effects processor for the price. if you're curious about it, give it a try. you might be impressed with it.

3. PBnJBassist

PBnJBassist

Whoa... I stumbled on this by accident. I was looking at the same pedal on eBay as well as Music123. I was on the fence since info was kind of scare (but not totally) and you, Crystal Man, are a SAINT!! Thanks for those great sound clips and I bookmarked your patch ideas thread for guidance and reference. Definitely pulling the trigger on one of these now!

Cheers! :bassist:

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Anytime, dude. I do help out talkbass members on how certain multi-effects processors sound by recording sound samples and postimg them on my soundclick website. especially underrated multi-effects processors like the rocktron utopia b100 and the deltalab dbfx1.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

How does the pedal compare to the Zoom B2?

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

The deltalab dbfx1 is completely different compared to the zoom b2. the deltalab dbfx1 allows you to combine amp and cab models with the stomp-box models which can create a pretty unique sound for recording. while the zoom b2 only lets you pick an amp model or a stomp-box model, but does have cab model selection which can be useable for recording. sound wise, they're completely different. they're both great sounding multi-effects processors, but the deltalab sounds a little more authentic with the amp models compared to the zoom b2. the zoom b3 on the other hand surpasses the zoom b2. this is another multi-effects processor I would recommend. the zoom b3 has tube-emulation technology just like the deltalab. I plan to get the zoom b3 myself real soon. still, I would recommend the deltalab dbfx1 if you want a great sounding multi-effects processor at an affordable price.

8. gimmeagig

gimmeagig

I'm not as much interested in Amp or cab modeling. Even Tube modeling is not high on my list. I like the sound of my Atelier Z Jazz through my EBS HD350 into two Avatar 112 cabs.
    What I do want is a nice sounding reverb,chorus,a well tracking Octave below and possibly some synth sounds like Chameleon, Boogie On Reggae Woman.... that sort of thing.
    Maybe fretless emulation, even though I get pretty close just by changing the way I play.
    So for that... is the delta better than the zoom?
    Both have drum machines in them. Are they programmable? Which sounds better?

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

If it's synth sounds you want, go with zoom. the zoom b3 would be right up your alley. it has a great bass synth selection. it also includes a bit crusher. I'll admit that the bit crusher effect is one of the reasons why I wanted to buy one. and I also would like to try out the other effects the zoom b3 has like distortions, modulations, amp and cab models. other than that, zoom has decent reverb effects, octaver effects, and nice chorus effects.

10. ZB158

ZB158

Is the DBFX1 good enough to use as a chromatic tuner replacement?

11. SBassman

SBassman Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Dealer: PiccoBass Guitar-scale Basses
    I'm surprised at how few threads there are on the DBFX1.

I'm listening to Crystalman's clips, and I'm very impressed.
    To my ears, that's Way better than my Zoom B2.

How is the tuner on this thing?

12. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Some tuners on multi-effects can be a little sensitive. sometimes you'll end up getting tunings that sounds a little sharp. what I usually would do is that I tune my bass just a little bit flat so that the tunings would sound more accurate. personally I call this tuning method the pantera method because pantera did something like that. they too tune their guitars a little bit flat so notes would sound more accurate and not sharp. I've been doing this method ever since.

In the case of the tuner on the deltalab dbfx1, I would say it's pretty decent. it's not quite as sensitive as some tuners are and it doesn't give sharp tunings that much. so it's okay.