1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How many ohms is my Mesa 1X15 Road ready?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by digitalmoney, Jan 30, 2013.

1. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

Which plug do I connect it to is it 4 or 8 ohms.
    The speaker is electro voice 15L
    After that there are SIII
    Does this indicate series 3?
  2. oddgrowth

oddgrowth

8 ohm w/ the stock EV.

Your jack plate should indicate this.

I have 2 1x15 RRs (altough I replaced them w/ Kappalite 3015s) - they each run at 4 ohm when combined.
  3. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

no jack plate
  4. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

Thanks too odd growth
  5. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Quick correction............

They still run at 8 ohms each, but present a 4 ohm load to the amp. Speakers don't change their impedance.
  6. oddgrowth

oddgrowth

Yea, what he said^.
    Excuse my poorly worded and rushed response.

OP: What you have isn't a Road Ready - & judgeing by that ancient speaker input,
    it looks like an old Mesa Diesel 1x15, which would later become known as the powerhouse.
    I'd do a little more research on older mesa(s), before betting on it being 8ohm.

The RR:

[​IMG]
  7. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

This is front and back
    It is ported the same way but is wrapped in black tolex.
    On casters too. I thought it was weird no info anywhere
    But did not have a Boogie cab for my 400+.
    So I scooped it up.
  8. oddgrowth

oddgrowth

Hey, it's no big deal.

All 1x15 Mesa cabs, no matter if it's the RR, Powerhouse, or Diesel are the often tried and true TL606 speaker cabinet design - 1 of the best and most efficient configs out there.

I loved my 400+. There is something to be said for a matching head and cabinet rig. I ran my 400+ with a Mesa 2x10 & 2x15. It was a phenominal setup. After I didn't play large venues anymore the setup became to cumbersome. So I sold the 2x15 and went w/a 1x15 & sold the 400+ and got a Mesa M2K.

After reviewing the multiple threads here on TB about 2 cabinet effiency: running 2 identical cabs vs. 2 cabs w/ different sized drivers, I ended up finding another used RR 1x15 and went that route. The difference in sound between my old 2x10 + 1x15 vs. 2-1x15s was startlingly apparent.

So I'll save you the time & trouble, start looking for another Mesa 1x15.
  9. digitalmoney

digitalmoney

Thanks again
    I had been using the 400 + with an Ampeg 4X10 classic HLF cab.
    Then this cab fell into my lap. I too read similar threads about identical cabs and others about how these were the speakers to use with this head for the voicing.
    So I had been looking 1 down 1 to go.