How many would like to see a "GUITAR FORUM" on TB?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Gibenbackerbass, Dec 5, 2009.

?

Would you like to see a "Guitar Forum" on Talk Bass?

1. Yes, I would like to have a "Guitar Forum"

29 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. No, I do not want a "Guitar Forum"

120 vote(s)
    80.5%
  1. Gibenbackerbass

Gibenbackerbass

In my short time on the forum I've seen a nmber of players who also play guitar. I am one of those players. Perhaps you are too! :bassist:

I'd like to see how many folks would like to see a "Guitar Forum" section here on Talk Bass.

I think the poll will provide the necessary data that will help elevate the need (or not) for this variety of fourm.

Perhaps it will become a reality if there is a demand for such forum.

Please cast your vote! :hyper:
  2. simongpaez

simongpaez

I would I also play guitar :)
  3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius

I also play guitar, but wouldn't want a guitar forum here. There are loads of guitar forums already and I'd be worried that it'd change the character of these forums. We could get swamped easily.
  4. your idol

your idol

sorry . geetar players (me being one) have enough forums..we have talk BASS.

thet have their own Center they only let us have a section of, 12 different magazines.

just let this be talk bass..besides everyone knows guitarists have no sense of humor
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ac3320

ac3320

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: 1964 EARS, LLC.
    This is a great idea! I like it because i'm a fan of guys who use strats and teles (and some parkers).

Anyways, i think you might get some hesitation here, primarily because some bassists (just like some guitarists, and some drummers, etc.) probably feel like "Screw [insert other instrument here] -- bassists are better!" Kind of immature, yes, but it is life.

IDK, maybe TB will prove me wrong?
  7. Bootzilla

Bootzilla

I could use one, most guitar forums are a pain in the behind to find info on so a guitar forum with a good community would be really helpfull. I also think that it is good for every bass player to have some knowledge/proficiency on guitar (as is the other way around).
  8. WalterBush

WalterBush

I'd rather see a Tuba forum. I don't want the guitards coming over to my well-moderated bass-safe zone to berate each other's playing ability and trash other people's equipment choices.

The really ugly threads that get closed here are just friendly handshakes compared to what goes on at guitar forums.
  9. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    As soon as the pan flute forum starts up. I have a lot of Zamfir-related questions I need to ask.
  10. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien

I don't see a point. There are COUNTLESS guitar forums so this would be be filling a need that could not be filled elsewhere.

There is a real plus to this being a bass only community.
  11. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien

Also isn't this a pointless poll if the moderators and forum owners are not behind it? I suggest asking them before getting to this point.
  12. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight

I support equal rights for accordian players to have a forum.
  13. Gibenbackerbass

Gibenbackerbass

Yes, it would open the doors to many music related discussions and provide insight to a variety of related and informative things we could use and as well as appreciate.

Why exisit in a vaccume? The thing is if a person has no interest they do not need to enter into that forum.

To me it's a win-win thing to do.

Since I started playing the guitar (about three years now) I've improved as a bass player. ;)

There's many things we as bass players can leverage. It's goo to be open to new experience and inputs/insights.
  14. jworrellbass

jworrellbass

Disclosures:
    Owner, builder: jworrellbass
    I would love to see troll only forum. It would save so much time. (I'm not saying that your question falls into this)
  15. dnarock

dnarock

guitar is great but this is called talk bass for a reason !
  16. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight

A poll isn't really getting very far, and in fact you'd need to gather the consensus of the members here before you could even take the suggestion to the admins, because that would show them there is public consensus toward creating said forum; so to me it seems like it's the first logical step.

Edit: That being said I still voted no and think it's not a great idea.
  17. Gibenbackerbass

Gibenbackerbass

This poll will povide quantatative data so they can make an intellegent and informed decision. ;)
  18. line6man

line6man

I play guitar, and I pretty much have always considered the two instruments the same, just an octave apart and usually approached with drastically different styles and techniques.

On the one hand, it would be great to have a guitar sub-forum to discuss various things, but on the other hand, this is a bass forum.
    Guitar would be no different than wanting a cello forum or a violin forum.
    Lets keep it to bass.
  19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

Media:
    Here's one bit of "intellegent" info I can "povide" :D- this is in the wrong forum.

Oh, and I'm sure most of us love burritos too. That doesn't mean I want a burrito forum added ;)
  20. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

How about a Theremin forum? Or maybe a Didgeridoo forum?
  21. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

Media:
    Hmm...I just went to move this to the Suggestion Box, but it was already moved to Miscellaneous. My powers are useless here :(

EDIT: and now it's in the Suggestion Box. My will be done :)