1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How much is my 2005 Fretless Corvette Standard worth?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by ittakes6, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ittakes6

ittakes6

I love my bass but I have an itch for trading up to a $$ or other nice fretted bass. The problem is how does one determine what their bass is worth in trade? Certainly can not receive a fair assessment at Guitar Center or other retailers so I am curious to see what other owners do to get a value. Thanks in advance.
  2. ittakes6

ittakes6

If I need to post pics of my bass I can do that but the question was more about what sources do you use (eBay, Guitar Center) to determine what your bass is worth.
  3. hgiles

hgiles

I use GC used inventory as a comparison. Of course, they won't give you anything for the bass, but what they sell is priced fairly low and moves pretty quickly.
  4. ittakes6

ittakes6

I look at GC also but was curious if the price difference seen sometimes between Corvette Standards has anything to do with German made versus Korean or passive vs active. Thanks for the feedback.
  5. Buslady7803

Buslady7803

The prices on GC for vette std vary from $499 to $799....Mine is German and it was $499. I've seen German ones usually higher in price. I doubt the place where made makes a difference...I doubt they even pay attention to that. They know which are the more basic models and the fancier models like Infinity - those go for $2500
  6. ittakes6

ittakes6

The variation between prices is what I find disturbing. I know I was offered $400 for my bass in trade (was curious to know) but of course you can't even buy a Rockbass for that price. My fretless is not going anywhere anytime soon unless a really special deal comes along. Warwicks are such beautiful basses and therefore hard to part with. Thanks again.;)