How on earth do you guys stick to a pedalboard arrangement?!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Feb 16, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

So I have a small board and I have a big board. Right now I have the small board set up for the bare minimum I need for my bands tunes. I have a big board that I was using for my main rig but I didnt like having stuff on it that I wasn't using. I found I would "try too hard" to fit stuff into a song and it was too busy. So now I have that board set up for my ambient/looping/prepared guitar stuff. Problem is, I can't decided where I want everything. I have an m5 and a zoom ms50g that I sometimes use for front of chain stuff like octave and sometimes as reverb and delay. Then I start to wonder if maybe I should pull a fuzz and put it on the other board or if I should just pull the whacky noise rock stuff and make a third board or put a few more things on the big board and use it as my main piece.

After all that rambling, how on earth do you guys keep a board the same for long periods of time? Is it because of a set gig? Or are you like me and wearing out your Velcro with constant switching?

2. rsm

rsm

NAMM 2014 - vendor introduced a modular pedal board that you can split and combine the separate sections. I need to see if I can find the info...

seems like you could have a small board then a second board with the extra effects, I think it was modular for mounting the effects too, so you can easily move the blocks around...I could be mixing up two different vendors though.

Here's one: http://www.sonicstate.com/amped/201...udio-locking-pedal-board-system-truly-genius/

Here is the other: see Blox pedal board, http://www.nermark.com/reports/NAMM_Winter_2014/NAMM_Winter_2014.htm

3. Swift713

Swift713

Financial limitations are my secret for a stable pedal board.

4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

LOL! Do people actually do that? ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

My final joke will be bequeathing my board when I die but having everything permanently mounted as a condition. It will be my life's work reduced to a game of musical chairs!

7. Veldar

Veldar

This pretty much, I'm stuck with a ****** wah.

8. JonDark

JonDark

I'll echo this a third time.

If you get to a point that you're trying to trade a sack of cheese burgers for a pedal; it's time to keep happy with the pedals you have...and view the burgers as a bonus :p

[​IMG]

9. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all.

I am lazy. What's on my pedal board now is what will be on it until something quits working.

Well, I may get a REDDI, so I'll have to break down and add it to the chain, so...

10. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

The only thing I've changed on my main board since 4/20 of last year are the knobs on the B7K and PWNZOR. Nobody believed me when I said it was officially done.

For me it was somewhat a financial thing (I was unemployed for a while in there), but it was more about finally finding the pedals that had the sound in my head. It was a long LONG road... been through 26 envelope filters alone! :eek:

PT Mini: Polytune Mini > Dark Driving > Octamizer > Proton V2 > PWNZOR > Polytope > B7K

5sg.

[​IMG]

11. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Those new pedalboard setups look rad. Too bad I'd rather cut plywood and spend money on pedals! Haha

12. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

I went through quite a fair share of home built pedalboards as well. Just happened to pick up the Mini in a trade deal, and it was pretty much exactly what I needed/wanted, so why mess with building something? ;)

5sg.

13. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

How on earth do you guys stick to a pedalboard arrangement?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a system that really works well ... when i change anything the quality goes down ... The secret is parallel processing.

http://www.3dentourage.com/425/effects.htm

14. metaball

metaball

i play other instruments that demand my financial attention once i'm content with the way a pedalboard is sounding.

15. ryansalmond

ryansalmond Supporting Member

I have two multi effects that help me greatly in this regard. With the zoom multistomp series, you can change pedal order without having to physically move things.
    Similarly, I have a TC vocal pedal (voicetone create original) that treats each of four effects blocks (modulations, delays, reverbs, transducers/distortions) almost like 4-way mixers and splitters- which is REALLY cool because you can control how much delay signal goes into the modulation and how much clean signal goes into the reverb and how much reverb signal goes into the delay signal and on and on.

...Anyways, the short answer is- by having flexible pedals.

16. bassbrad

bassbrad

I am using a medium size board and a small board don't expect much change as I have found what works best for me and has the most bang for the space.

17. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I change mine around all the time. Last week I put together a board specifically for an audition and today I took it apart and put a board together for my gig this weekend. It'll probably stay that way for a while though...

18. Unemploid

Unemploid

i have an octave and a fuzz. i'm planning on getting the mxr bass chorus deluxe and a wah. wah > octave > fuzz > chorus/flanger, that'll be my main for my rock band, pretty basic. i look rinto other pedals for fun and to compare, but for now i'm trying to achieve those.

19. Swift713

Swift713

Listening to some stuff I recorded a couple years ago I'm trying to remember how I got those sounds, what pedals I used. I've been through a bunch and sometimes after they're gone I wonder why I swapped them out.