1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

How rare are the Lakland DJ4/AC models?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VonCakeman, Apr 10, 2014.

1. VonCakeman

VonCakeman

I joined up with a U2 tribute band in January, and I'm loving it. For the last few months, my MIJ Fender Jaguar has been getting me through the gigs, but I'd like to get something that looks the part as well as sounding right. I've been on the fence about buying a Lakland anyhow, so it didn't take much convincing.

With the tax return on the way, the ideal time to pull the trigger will soon be here. I noticed a Skyline DJ4/AC model for sale in the forums recently and it sold quickly. I didn't know that these even existed until a few days ago. With my best google foo, I wasn't able to find many listings over the past few years. Does anyone have any idea how many of these basses are out there? If I put my money into savings for now, is one likely to come around again within a few months, or should I just get a DJ4, or J 44-60 with a natural finish with the summer festival season around the corner?

2. neptoon

neptoon

AC also has a warwick signature model...just sayin'...the AC laklands pop up on TB with a pretty regular frequency and usually go for in the neighborhood of 900 bones

3. SteveHeissner

SteveHeissner

The one with the natural finish is sexy as hell whether you wanna look and sound like Adam or not. I've always wanted one. How can you go wrong with a Lakland? Go for it.

4. Bobster

Bobster

If I remember correctly, Right after AC's debuted, people went crazy and Lakland produced them for about a year, maybe slightly a little longer.

But it is definitely the rarest of the old Skyline DJs.

Bob

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

AC has also been known to play a Lakland Glaub P with the same color scheme as the DJ (natural finish, black PG, maple board), but no blocks on the neck. I recently bought a used US version of the same bass.