1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

How similar are the MB200 and the MB Fusion?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Technicality, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Technicality

Technicality

So I'm on the lookout for a portable low wattage head. The only GK amp I could find to demo was a MB Fusion 500 in a store and absolutely loved it. I didn't find anything earthshatteringly amazing happened when I brought up the gain though, which correct me if I'm wrong is where the tubes would start to make a significant difference.

This made me wonder if the MB200 would be a better fit for me. I definitely don't need the extra 300 watts and if the tube pre at low gain is similar to the solid state one in the MB200, it seems like this would be the case.

If anyone who has tried both could share their thoughts on how they compare it would be really helpful. If I liked the MB Fusion am I likely to like the MB200, or are they totally different beasts?

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

You can read plenty of comparisons between the 500 versions. The 200 is supposedly identical to the 500 save the wattage.

3. jibreel

jibreel Supporting Member

I owned the 200 and now have two 500MB's.
    yes, both have the GK sound.
    The MB's have the tube pre and different eq options including contour adjustments and sound way better than the 200