1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

How the heck would I notate this?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Tupac, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

Rumpofsteelskin by parliament
    (part I'm talking about is at 0:05 and again at 0:11)

How do I do it? I'm tabbing this song on Guitar Pro and will most certainly share it when I'm done. Insane basslines all the way through.
  2. Blake Bass

Blake Bass Supporting Member

I didn't listen to the whole tune but what I heard sounds pretty repetitive ..Once you get the main groove (theme) down it shouldn't be too difficult.. I have no idea how to go about tabbing it though. I would just do the notation!

I know that didn't help at all..:) well good luck!!
  3. Tupac

Tupac

Did you listen to the specific parts I asked about?
  4. Zootsuitbass

Zootsuitbass

You need to work backwards The two Four on the drums comes in Solid. That will give you one.

That staggered rhythm will always 3 of a rhythm you normally hear in pairs of 2 repeated… IE a Dotted 1/8 = 1/8 plus a 1/6. Or 3/16 if you will.

Best of luck! You'll earn coming up with this.

Do some work submit you ideas I'll help but I'not gonna feed you the answer….:bassist:

Get amazing slow downer…. it will help.
  5. Kamatori

Kamatori

[​IMG]

Here ya go, just whipped it up for you.
  6. Zootsuitbass

Zootsuitbass

Cool…personally I'd use ties to show beat three in the measures. WAY easier to read.
  7. Tupac

Tupac

Dude you are so awesome. Thank you to Zoosuitbass.